Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chair Project 2: Final Chair









Description of Exercise 2--Cardboard Chair expressing concept of duality
For the second project we had to create a seat design based on a relationship we had with someone. I chose to do this with the relationship my sister and I have. We are very close. She is three years older than me, one inch shorter and two times louder. We also have many things that keep us connected to each other. First she is my sister, then my friend, next my roommate and finally my boss. So I wanted to make a chair that reflected this tangled web of connections. I went about making a bench that would have some discomfort but be sturdy.  I was not able to get the original type of cardboard I had planned so I ended up using large recycled boxes. I was not happy with this idea at first because I thought that this board would be weaker; however, it proved to be even more sturdy then the last chair I did. It was uncomfortable as well with the edges of the connectors as the top of the seat. I was not as intrigued with this second chair mostly because it did not have as many restrictions. This made me get lost in the possibilities at times. I felt that overall it was a successful attempt at the assignment and it taught me a little bit more about my field which I always something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment